To the Editor:
There are many reasons why the Harper government should be held to account for questionable actions; however, some of them are more egregious than others.
Recently Press Progress highlighted 10 major ones reasons why Stephen Harper is too “risky” for Canada:
1. The risk that the Conservative economic policy of crossing their fingers and hoping things get better will not, in fact, work out;
2. The risk of letting someone who keeps sabotaging international climate deals go to the Paris climate conference;
3. The risk of seeing more of Harper’s friends hauled off to jail;
4. The risk that more Conservative friends, donors and wedding guests will be given cushy jobs;
5. The risk that Conservatives will coverup their own crimes;
6. The risk of not knowing whether Canada’s defence minister has his facts straight at any given moment;
7. The risk that Conservatives will continue passing unconstitutional laws;
8. The risk that the principle of “rule of law” could be dismissed just by using air quotes;
9. The risk that Conservative MP Jeff Watson will continue to be entrusted with rail safety; and
10. The risk that voter suppression will deny Canadians their right to vote.
Something to think about on election day.