The Creston Law Courts are located on 10th Avenue North.

The Creston Law Courts are located on 10th Avenue North.

Alleged arsonist released on bail after appearance in Creston Law Courts

Web Lead

  • May. 15, 2015 7:00 a.m.

Elisha Jimmy was released on bail after appearing in Creston Law Courts on Wednesday on a charge of arson causing bodily harm.

“She will not be residing in the Creston area,” Creston RCMP Staff Sgt. Bob Gollan told the Advance.

She was released on 13 conditions including no contact with the victim, no consumption or possession of alcohol, and no possession of weapons or incendiary devices. Jimmy is required to remain in B.C., and must advise the RCMP if she is in Creston. She is also on a curfew, and must report regularly to a bail supervisor to ensure compliance with the release conditions.

Her next court date is schedule for June 15 in Invermere.

Jimmy was arrested May 4 and charged following an April 30 apartment fire that resulted in a Creston man, Ross Millar, being taken in critical condition to Vancouver General Hospital.

Millar received a skin graft last week, which the doctors determined to be 80 per cent successful, according to a Tuesday update on a GoFundMe.com fundraising page. The remaining 20 per cent was slated to receive an additional graft yesterday.

“Ross’ brother Gord and Mom arrived back in Vancouver this Sunday and upon saying good-bye for the night, Ross, with tremendous effort, managed a Mother’s Day smile for his Mom,” the update continued. “Additionally, doctors are confident that once he is no longer in need of sedation that he is now strong enough to breathe without assistance.”