Creston RCMP responded to 56 calls for service from December 12-18, Cpl. Darren Kakuno said on Tuesday. A number of calls were reports of crashes on icy roads.
• A resident reported paying for the purchase of a welder on Kijiji, but then lost all contact with the seller. Police are investigating, Kakuno said, but he warns the public to use caution and not to pay in advance unless they are dealing with a reputable seller.
• Police are investigating a mischief complaint in which a tenant damaged property as part of an ongoing landlord/tenant dispute on 16th Avenue South.
• When police located a reported suspicious vehicle parked at a Yahk business they determined the driver, a California resident, was wanted on a Canada-wide immigration warrant. He was arrested and held pending an immigration hearing.
• No injuries were reported after a driver lost control of his vehicle and slid off Dean Road and into a ditch. The vehicle had to be towed.
• A driver lost control of her vehicle on 25th Avenue at Elm Street and slid down a ravine. No injuries resulted but the vehicle had to be towed.
• A driver was taken to hospital for assessment after rolling his vehicle onto its side on Peterman Road in West Creston.
• A driver lost control of his vehicle on a Highway 3A curve south of Lakeview-Arrow Creek Road and slid into a rock face. He was not injured but the vehicle was badly damaged.
• Another single vehicle crash occurred on Highway 3A in Crawford Bay when a truck went off the road and 100 feet down a bank. First responders in Riondel had to get him out of the vehicle and he was taken to hospital in Nelson for assessment.
• Riley Road residents in Erickson agreed to turn down music they were enjoying while sitting around a campfire.
• A driver rolled his vehicle on a curve on Nicks Island Road in West Creston and was taken to hospital with minor injuries. Speed relative to conditions was determined to be a factor in the crash.
• An unwanted guest was arrested in a 12th Avenue North residence after he refused to leave at the owner’s request. The guest was found to be in breach of conditions that prohibited him from being in the residence without permission.
• A driver and passenger were not injured after a pickup went out of control on Erickson Road at Dean Road, ending up in the ditch.
• A head-on crash on Highway 3 in Kitchener caused a third vehicle to end up in the ditch when the driver tried to avoid the crash. Three people were taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.